Hi! I’m Lise Galipeau. My husband and I took our first cruise in 1992 on the old Noordam (replaced by the new Noordam) for 10 days in the Caribbean and never looked back…we were hooked!
Now with over 40 cruises under my belt, I decided to share everything I know about cruising to help first-time cruisers dream and plan their cruises.
I’m French Canadian and live in a small town of 5,000 about 50 minutes West of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
I am married and have a grown-up daughter and one grandchild. My husband and I live with 2 dogs!
Yes, I am really Cruise Obsessed!
Cruising around the globe is our way of being able to see the world as much as we can. We’re not in that age group that can just pack light and go trekking.
Before discovering cruises, we were on amazing land vacations. We’ve done a lot of the Caribbean ports because, living near Montreal, Quebec, we try to escape our winters for a bit.
But there is so much more to see. We already cruised to Alaska (twice), Panama Canal (4 times), Mexican Coast, Europe, Hawaii, Norway, Galapagos, around South-America and we crossed the Atlantic.
And I still have a few cruise destinations on my bucket list!
We have been on Carnival, NCL, Holland America, Costa, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise lines. But now we mostly cruise with Princess and have attained the Elite status on their fidelity program.
Places I’ve been
- Hong Kong
- U.S.A Mainland
- El Salvador
- Israel – twice
- Dominican Republic
- Costa Rica
- Puerto Rico
- Roatan (Honduras)
- Grand Cayman
- Turks & Caicos
- Falkland Islands
A few things about my personal life
- I had my first and only child at 42
- I was a travel agent for 13 years
- I spent my 50th birthday on a luxury train in Alaska
- I took hip hop classes for 3 years at age 52 and was on stage in a show and on TV
- I taught myself web design at 52 and designed hundreds of sites for small entrepreneurs and bloggers for years
- I visited the Galapagos, which was on my ‘bucket list’
- I walked with penguins in South America, which was also on my ‘bucket list’
- I hate cooking with a passion but I love to watch cooking competitions on TV
- I am so NOT girlie
- I love the internet
- I’m really bad at maths
- Most days, you’ll find me at my computer in my p.j.’s, all day and I love it
- I love watching TV series, like NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy, Survivor, Big Brother
- I don’t like cities and love the country
- My head is not suitable for wearing a hat!
When I decided to declutter my life in 2018, I needed to let go of web design. The stress was getting to me.
But having a site makes me very happy, so since I know a thing or two about cruises, Cruise Obsessed was born!
The goal of this site is to inspire others to go on a cruise and visit far away amazing places. I will share my shore excursions, my ship pictures, and my cruise tips.
Have questions or want to say hi, I’d love to hear from you. Get in touch here